- In what ways do different ideologies and political systems influence the environment in which multinational corporations operate?
- What might be some challenges for a US firm operating in EU, Russia, and China?
- Why are emerging nations interested in privatizing many of their domestic state-owned industries?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of foreign direct investment (FDI) for an emerging nation?
- Corruption continues to be a global issue. What lessons can a firm learn from the political and bribery scandals in Japan that can be of value to them in doing business in the US?
- What are the direct and indirect effects of corruption on an economy?
- How should an executive from a US firm respond to a bribery request from a foreign official
- Why are MNCs getting involved in corporate social responsibility?
- Are they displaying a sense of social responsibility, or is this merely a matter of good business? Defend your answer.
- What is meant by the term culture? In what way can measuring attitudes about the following help differentiate between cultures: centralized or decentralized decision-making, safety or risk, individual or group rewards, high or low organizational loyalty, cooperation or competition? Use these attitudes to compare the US, Germany, and Japan. Based on your comparisons, what conclusions can you draw regarding the impact of culture on behavior?
- What is meant by the term value?
- Are cultural values the same worldwide, or are there marked differences? Are these values changing over time, or are they fairly constant? How does your answer relate to the role of values in a culture?
- What are some of the categories of cultural differences that make one country or region of the world different from another? In each case, describe the value or norm and explain how it would result in different behavior in two or more countries. If you like, use the countries discussed in Chapter 5 as your point of reference.
- Read “Mexico” on page 164 and answer the questions at the end.
- In which of the four types of organizational cultures–family, Eiffel Tower, guided missile, incubator–would most people in the US feel comfortable? In which would most Japanese or Chinese feel more comfortable? Based on your answers, which conclusions could you draw regarding the importance of understand organizational culture for international managers?
- If a company new to the international arena was negotiating an agreement with a potential partner in an overseas country, what basic steps should it be prepared to implement? Identify and describe them. What elements of the negotiation should only be done in your group? What events should take place will all sides present? Why?
For a custom paper on the above or a related assignment, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 35% Discount on your first two orders)
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Unlimited Revisions at no Extra Charges
• Guaranteed High-Quality Content