- Write an essay in which you explain what you believe are the desirable attributes of a good tax (your opinion) system. Your answer should provide critical discussion of relevant literature and be written from the perspective of the United Kingdom.
The essence of this question is that you need to write an essay in which you explain what canons/principles/attributes you would have in your framework for what makes a good tax
system. Critical discussion of relevant literature (e.g., the frameworks that others have adopted as to what amounts to a good tax system) should be used to support your choices
and to explain what you have within your framework. The analysis that explains your chosen canons/principles/attributes must be provided. The essay title above refers to the UK. You are not required to provide examples from the UK tax system in your answer.
Write an essay in which you explain what you believe are the desirable attributes of a good tax system, focusing on the United Kingdom. The following resources are provided to get you started and are designed to provide examples of the
different sources and materials that are available:
(a) S. Smith, Taxation: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford: OUP, 2015). A very good (and short) introduction to tax policy and theory.
(b) R. Murphy, The Joy of Tax (London: Bantam Press, 2015), chapter 6 (“The underpinnings of a good tax system”).
(c) Christian Aid, Tax for the Common Good. You can download this report free of charge (seehttp://www.christianaid.org.uk/resources/churches/tax‐for‐the‐common‐good.aspx). This report illustrates how ethical values and religious principles can underpin discussion about what makes a good tax system. There are, of course, other ethical values and religious principles.
For a custom paper on the above or a related assignment, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 35% Discount on your first two orders)
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Unlimited Revisions at no Extra Charges
• Guaranteed High-Quality Content