- In essence, according to the 4P framework, the national interest of the U.S. with regard to foreign policy can be analyzed in terms of four core goals embedded in any decision-making process: Power, Peace, Prosperity, and Principles. Sometimes, all four goals can be satisfied through the same policy; more often, they pose trade-offs and tensions, and sometimes, major dissensus.
- How would you assess Trump’s current foreign policy applying the 4P framework? Use guiding questions below:
Power – Is America likely to gain more power in foreign affairs under Trump’s presidency?
- In other words, is it likely to have more influence over other states’ decisions? Why or why not?
- Peace – Under Trump’s administration, should we expect to see progress in the resolution of conflicts in which the United States is (directly or indirectly) involved? Why or why not?
- Prosperity – Are we likely to see gains for the American economy (from policies that help provide reliable and low-cost imports, growing markets for American exports, profitable foreign investments, and other international economic opportunities)?
- Principles – Will the American values, ideals, and beliefs be reinforced and strengthened under Trump’s leadership? In other words, when trade-offs have to be made, is “right” is likely to be chosen over “might?”
For a custom paper on the above or a related assignment, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 35% Discount on your first two orders)
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Unlimited Revisions at no Extra Charges
• Guaranteed High-Quality Content