Describe the responsibility of the professional nurse to practice within the legal scope of practice and to uphold the code of ethics set forth by the profession as defined by the American Nurses Association.
• Address outcomes in 3 paragraphs by describing an experience in a clinical setting. Support your discussion with relevant references. Reflect on what you are doing and seeing in the clinical setting. Analyze, synthesize, and reflect on clinical experiences based on the course content. Do not just report your experiences. Use your experience to demonstrate that outcome. Longer posts are not better if there is not reflection, evaluation, and exploration of perceptions. If you do not have a clinical experience during this course specific to the outcome, draw on past clinical experiences.
• Consider the following to help guide your thinking:
o Describe what occurred: setting, persons involved, event
o How did it go? What happened and why?
o Using your text, articles or other sources to guide your analysis. What could have been done better? What alternatives could have been considered?
o What have you learned that will apply to your nursing practice?
• Ethical issues in professional nursing practice, p 249-273
Rich, K. & Butts, J. B. (2014). Ethical issues in professional nursing practice. In Masters, K. (Ed.), Role development in professional nursing practice (pp. 249-273). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
• Legal issues and patients’ rights impacting leading and managing, p 67-93
Marquis, B. L. and Huston, C. J. (2012). Leadership and management tools for the new nurse. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health / Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
• IOM Dying in America Summary, p S1-S16 (This is the entire report, but only pages S1-S16 are required reading)
Institute of Medicine. (2014). Dying in America: Improving quality and honoring individual preferences near the end-of-life. Washington D.C.: The National Academies Press.
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,