Imagine that you are the HR Director at your current organization or an organization with which you are familiar. As the HR Director, you must use different employment law requirements to create methods and policies that support the promotion of a diverse workforce. Select one (1) job opportunity that you have held or with which you are familiar within the same organization for this scenario.
Write a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you:
1. Develop three (3) recruitment methods for the job opportunity in question, and suggest two (2) ways that each method helps one to avoid discriminatory practices. Justify your response.
2. Outline an application process that details the organization’s method of accepting all applications, as well as its method of validating applicants attainment of the required credentials (e.g., reviewing resumes, collecting transcripts, verifying certifications, etc.) for the job opportunity.
3. Develop a five- (5) step procedure for the HR Department to use in order to maintain all applicants records in case a discriminatory charge occurs.
4. Decide on three (3) background checks that the HR Department must utilize, and justify the relevance of each background check for the job opportunity.
5. Choose three (3) employment tests (e.g., drug tests, medical examinations, HIV tests, generic tests, polygraphs, honesty tests, psychological tests, intelligence and skills tests, and physical fitness, etc.) that the HR Department should use. Justify the relevance of each selected employment test to the job requirements.
6. Formulate a policy for making both the hiring and promotional decisions related to the job opportunity. Specify the major challenges and potential adverse impact of using subjective criteria for assessing soft skills. Next, suggest one (1) plan to mitigate the adverse impact. Justify your suggestion.
7. Recommend two (2) types of reasonable accommodations for both disabled applicants and applicants needing special religious considerations. Argue two (2) legal reasons for not being able to sufficiently provide such reasonable accommodation for each group.
8. Select one (1) case in which a court charged an organization with an affirmative action violation and one (1) case in which a court charged the organization with not managing harassment issues more expeditiously. Recommend an action plan geared toward preventing the issues addressed in both cases within your selected organization. Justify your recommendation.
9. Choose three (3) work-life conflicts that the HR Director should consider within the selected organization. Then, outline a policy geared toward resolving each conflict through the use of related employment laws. Justify your response.
10. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Determine employment laws that apply to the selection, development, and management of employees. Evaluate policies and processes that promote a diverse workforce.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.
Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing mechanic
For a custom paper on the above or a related assignment, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 35% Discount on your first two orders)
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Unlimited Revisions at no Extra Charges
• Guaranteed High-Quality Content