In this project, you are to negotiate a series of Four or more trades, starting with a paperclip and ending with something substantially more valuable.
Three Important Rules
- Don’t trade with relatives or your significant other.
- Don’t pay another person for an item you receive in a trade. No cash, checks, or IOUs are allowed. However, gift certificates or vouchers that can be redeemed by anyone are permissible.
- Conduct at least 4 trades. You are encouraged to try many more! Your receipt of the paperclip with these instructions does not count toward the 4 trades.
You will submit a 1). negotiation log (see sample below) of all your trades. You will also complete 2). an analysis (single-spaced, double-spaced between paragraphs) with minimum word of 650, emphasizing which negotiation strategies worked best for you across the entire series of negotiations.
Your negotiation log should include: The part of yellow highlight will be provided
- Item and approximate value
- Date of trade
- Who you traded with (name and relationship to you)
- Rationale as to how negotiation partners were chosen.
- Discussion of what occurred, what items were negotiated for, how you attempted to influence your partner, thoughts on why you were successful.
Your analysis should consider the following questions:
- What enabled you to negotiate for something more valuable?
- Which negotiation strategies worked well, which didn’t?
- Why was the person willing to give you something more valuable compared to what he or she received from you?
- What information did you share with the person you negotiated with? Why?
- What information did you withhold from the person you negotiated with? Why?
- Over time, did you get better at negotiating? In what way?
- What trades were the most satisfying to you? To the other party?
- What did you learn during the process?
- What guidelines/recommendations would you give that provide useful advice for engaging in negotiations?
|One Paperclip Rubric|
|One Paperclip Rubric|
|Engaged in three negotiation/influence attempts, and provided a rationale for how these individual(s) and/or organization(s) were chosen||Conducted 3 or more influence attempts and provided well-organized and thorough rationale as to how these three participants were chosen.||Conducted 3 influence attempts but did not choose these experiences wisely (i.e., knew both individuals well and/or did not provide a clear explanation as to how/why these three participants were chosen).||Did not engage in 3 interactions and/or provided limited or no information about who, when, what of these interactions.||6 pts|
|6 pts||3 pts||0 pts|
|Planning and Preparation.||Thoroughly completed the negotiation logs and provided a detailed and relevant discussion of what occurred in the various influence attempts||A well-thought out negotiation sheet, which would have benefited from a deeper set of descriptions of how the various negotiation and influence attempts unfolded.||An incomplete or sketchy negotiation log that would have benefited from a more well-thought-out description and analysis of what occurred in the influence attempt||Did not complete the negotiation logs, or did not show strong, well thought-out preparation for the interactions.||No Marks||9 pts|
|9 pts||6 pts||3 pts||2 pts||0 pts|
|Learnings and Recommendations. Developed a set of guidelines and/or recommendations that provides useful advice for engaging in negotiation interactions. Outcomes of two interactions, comparisons, takeaways.||Provided clear, well developed takeaways from the three interactions, in addition to comparing and contrasting the interactions thoroughly and insightfully.||Provided broad and general overview of the events that occurred in the three interactions. While, the takeaways and comparisons showed a good deal of insight, more detail on the nature of the interactions and your overall takeaways would have added value.||Identified some useful recommendations but they were either not specific enough and/or the overall organization and presentation needs improvement.||Did not really have clear descriptions of what occurred in the two interactions, not very insightful takeaways.||No Marks||12 pts|
|12 pts||9 pts||6 pts||3 pts||0 pts|
|Professional appearance. Write-up was professional in appearance (well-written, well-organized)||Outstanding organization, writing, and presentation.||Professional in appearance (meets standard)||Appears to be thrown together with very little thought||No Marks||3 pts|
|3 pts||2 pts||1 pts||0 pts|
|Total Points: 30|
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,