Experiment 1: Cell Structure and Function (Refer to Attachment for background information)
- Identify three major similarities and differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. Your similarities and differences must not be simply the opposite of each other.
Label each of the arrows in the following slide image:
A – Chromosome
B – Nucleus
C – Cytoplasm
D – Cell Wall
- What organelle
- is composed of RNA and protein?
- is composed of a system of canals for transport of molecules through the cell?
- is the site where the most energy is obtained from carbohydrates?
- is the site of packaging of cellular secretions?
- is not found in animal cells?
- is found in the nucleus?
- is a fluid-filled sac that stores food and water?
- contains enzymes for intracellular digestion?
- Would a cell be able to survive without mitochondria? Why or why not?
- Do you think that a plant cell, which already has a stiff, strong cell wall, still really needs a cell membrane? Explain why or why not.
- What is the largest animal cell? Why aren’t there cells one (1) foot in diameter or larger?
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,