1. Woodrow Wilson and many others believed that government organizations would be most efficient by adopting the business principles and hierarchical models of the private sector. However, the authors note that this concern with efficiency must be placed within the context of democratic government, which emphasizes individualism, equality, and liberty.
2.Discuss how these two ideas are at odds with one another and how this leads to tension between bureaucracy and democracy—what are the characteristics of each, and why do they lead to this tension? What examples of this can we see in public administration today?
3. Publicness distinguishes the work of public and nonprofit managers from other similar activities. In Chapter 1, the differences between public and business administration are explored using the concept of “publicness” to address the inevitable tension between efficiency and responsiveness that is central to the work of public administrators. It also highlights the increasing importance of understanding the activities of political and administrative officials in a global context.
4.Define the term publicness and discuss how it defines the work of public and nonprofit managers in today’s society as well as the ways that publicness distinguishes public from private sector management?
For a custom paper on the above or a related assignment, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 35% Discount on your first two orders)
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Unlimited Revisions at no Extra Charges
• Guaranteed High-Quality Content