Mass consumerism is a major driving force in technology. Nintendo is marketing the successful Wii, which features an unconventional remote control that players wave to manipulate action on screen, has attracted a broader range of customers than other game machines. The technology allows the user to simulate human action and behavior. “Nintendo promises to ship more of Wii for the holidays.” Laurie J. Flynn New York Times October 2, 2008.
- What is the impact of artificial intelligence on society in your perspective?
- Discuss the role of the use of video games for your generation?
- Which technologies do you see as the most dangerous to society in the near future?
Provo, Utah, is growing at a greater rate than surrounding Salt Lake City and other small towns. It is creating more commuters and housing outside urban and rural areas. With population growth up 26 percent between 2000 and 2006, Provo is shaping development in the Salt Lake City area. “Megalopolis urban sprawl slowly blurs Wasatch front towns, city.” Deseret May 18, 2006.
- What types of sprawl are occurring in the area you live?
- How should America address suburban sprawl and subsequent urban and rural abandonment?
- How should the U.S. address suburban commuter centers in terms of public transportation?
Multiple deployments compound strain for children of service members. Many children of National Guard troops fighting in the Iraq war are showing signs of depression. Thousands of soldiers who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan are parents with families. Over 43 percent of those fighting have families in the U.S. Many of their children are vulnerable to depression and anxiety due to the multiple deployments. Family stresses due to military service cause a number of problems including abuse, depression, and divorce. “Coping with Their Parents’ War.” Maria Glod Washington Post July 17, 2008.
- How are military families different than other families?
- How should society invest in children with parents at war?
- How is family crisis for war veterans dealt with in the mass media?
For a custom paper on the above or a related assignment, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 35% Discount on your first two orders)
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Unlimited Revisions at no Extra Charges
• Guaranteed High-Quality Content